Our business aims to integrate innovative exhibitions and art projects in the work of cultural institutions, public and private companies and foundations.
Our organization is staffed with professionals with proven experience in the realization of cultural events and art exhibitions at national and international levels.
Dr. Davide Sandrini, our company President, is a Ph.D Law Graduate from the University of Bologna with specialization in Arts Law.
From 2002 to 2007 Dr. Davide Sandrini worked as Chief Registrar at the Museums of Modern and Contemporary Art in Trento and Rovereto curating the organization of exhibitions from these institutions both in Italy and overseas, specifically exhibitions for the:
- Hermitage Museum – St. Petersburg (Russia)
- Metropolitan Museum – N.Y.
- Fine Arts Museum – San Francisco
- Museum of Contemporary Art– Chicago
- Fogg Museum – Boston (Harvard University)
- Victoria & Albert Museum – London
- Musee d’Orsay – Paris
- Grand Palais – Paris
- Fine Arts Museum – Montreal
- Phillips Collection – Washington DC
- National Museum of Art – Beijing
- Royal Ontario Museum – Toronto
After the directorship of Imago Art Gallery in London, Dr. Sandrini founded StArt srl, and currently manages its External Relations Portfolio.
StArt collaborates with specialists in a number of fields from archeology to art history to contemporary art and works closely with architect studios specializing in the presentation of art works and exhibitions.
Based on its capability StArt offers the following art services:
- Exhibition design
- Exhibition production
- Exhibition management
- Cost analysis
- Analysis of exhibition space
- Exhibition set up
- Event co – ordination
- Art transport and logistics
- Art work custom clearance
- Condition report and conservation study of art works
- Management of exhibition staff
- Relationship management with private and public art lending organizations
- Aquisition of art works consulting
- Promotion of young artists both in italy and overseas promotion of italian culture
- Overseas educationals for museum staff
- Egitto mai visto: Sarcofagi e corredi funerari inediti del Museo Egizio – Torino, at Castello del Buonconsiglio Trento (29 May- 8 November 2009).
- Egitto mai visto: Sarcofagi e corredi funerari inediti del Museo Egizio – Torino, at Villa Genoese Zerbi, Reggio Calabria (28 February – 28 August 2010).
- Egitto mai visto: Sarcofagi e corredi funerari inediti del Museo Egizio – Torino, at Museum of San Domenico, Forlì (10 September– 9 January 2011).
- Turing exhibition entitled “carte futuriste”: dedicated to the Centenary of Futurism, (in collaboration with Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) at:
- Oslo, at Vigeland Museum
- Munich at Kunsthalle Ammersee
- Bratislava, at the National Gallery of Slovakia
- Warsaw, at the Contemporary Art Centre Ujazdowski Castle
- Hamburg, at Kunsthalle di Kiel
- Vilnius at National Museum of Art
- Futurism, at Chang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall – Taiwan – 4 July – 4 October 2009
- Christo: Exhibition in collaboration with the Phillips Collection of Washington DC
- Caravaggio, Lotto e Ribera: Masterpieces from the Longhi Foundation, at the Museo Degli Eremitani- Padua- November 2009 – April 2010.
- Fortunato Depero-Design and Art: San Francisco, Montreal e Washington DC,- July 2009 – March 2010.
- Fortunato Depero Retrospective at the Royal Castle – Warsaw 13 December – 13 February 2011
- Dreamtime – Australian Indigenous Art at the Museum of Art Nuoro and the Museo del ‘900 Sassari – (11 February – 5 June 2011)
- Giovanni Francesco Barbieri called “Guercino” at the Palazzo Barberini – Rome – 16 December – 29 April 2012.
- Masters of Italian Comics from Thirties to today:
- 19 May – 4 August 2012 IIC Warsaw
- 30 August – 30 September IIC Copenhagen
- 4 October – 26 October IIC Berlin
- 4 November – 30 January IIC Amsterdam
- 15 January – 24 February 2013 IIC Edinburgh
- 16 March – 9 June 2013 Cento Ferrara, Pinacoteca civica Guercino
- 12 June – 21 July 2013 IIC Munich Germany
- 21 June – 12 October 2014, Buenos Aires, Humor Museum, Argentina
- Italian’s Renaissance, masterpieces from major Italian Museums, at the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, San Paolo 20 July 25 September 2013 – Brasilia 12 October 5 January 2014.
- Giovanni Francesco Barbieri called “Guercino” at the National Gallery of Warsaw –20 September – 2 February 2014.
- “Guercino. Triumph of Baroque” at the National Museum of Western Art – Tokyo, Japan – 3 March – 31 May 2015
StArt collaborates with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the General Directorate for Art Promotion and Cultural Co-operation and Italian Embassies and Cultural Institutes throughout the world.
STArt operates in the field of modern and contemporary art, with a dedicated Antiquities unit that focuses on ancient Egyptian, Roman and classical world art.
Our strategy is based on outstanding experience and a number of major projects already presented.
StArt owns a portfolio of exhibitions and is capable to assemble and realize cultural events to meet individual requests and requirements.
StArt aims to optimize the use of resources, contain budgets and maximize the profile of its clients.
Dr. Davide Sandrini